Conic sections are all connected! A hyperbola is an anti circle, in this case.
Remember, the equation for a circle involves adding x squared and y squared, while the equation for a hyperbola involves subtracting one from the other. The other consequence of this is that is that if you extend the graph of either one to include imaginary and complex x or y values, a hyperbola contains a circle in its empty space, and a circle has a hyperbola surrounding it.
Polish film poster by Roman Cieślewicz
IVAN’S CHILDHOOD (ANDREI TARKOVSKY, 1962)
TRUE DETECTIVE (NIC PIZZOLATTO, 2014-PRESENT)
afghan men play volley ball infront of the buddhas of bamyan,
1. I Vitelloni (Fellini, 1953)
2. Wild Strawberries (Bergman, 1957)
3. Citizen Kane (Welles, 1941)
4. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (Huston, 1948)
5. City Lights (Chaplin, 1931)
6. Henry V (Olivier, 1944)
7. La notte (Antonioni, 1961)
8. The Bank Dick (Fields, 1940—above)
9. Roxie Hart (Wellman, 1942)
10. Hell’s Angels (Hughes, 1930)